Falguni Nayar, the founder of India’s largest beauty e-commerce platform, is now on the list of hurun global rich list 2022. The founder has been on the list because of the success of Naykaa’s IPO. Falguni Nayar, who owns half of the shares of the cosmetic brand, Nykaa, started at the age of 50. Falguni nayar was born on 19 february 1963. She married in the year 1987 with Mr. Sanjay Nayar. She is an alumnus of IIM, Ahmedabad.
Fundraising for Nykaa
- In the year 2020, Nykaa got the funding from the company name, steadview capital, twice. Once, In the month of March, an amount of Rs. 100 Crore and then in the month of May, the amount of Rs. 67 Crore.
- Two Bollywood actresses, Katrina Kaif and Alia Bhatt have invested in the business of Nykaa.
- The global asset management firm, Fidelity has invested through a secondary sale of shares
Corporate Social Responsibility
Nykaa helps socially and financially for the causes such as education, Health, Rural Development, and disaster management.
Recently, Nykaa appointed Vishal Gupta, who is an alumnus of IIT Delhi and IIM Bengaluru, to lead the beauty retailer’s private labels business across colored cosmetics as well as skincare. Before joining Nykaa, he worked across businesses and brands in India. Vishal Gupta has given the official statement, ‘I am excited to join Nykaa to help build its dynamic portfolio of consumer beauty brands that have become iconic in the Indian beauty ecosystem’ in the interview.
Read More: The Success Story of Multinational Ayurvedic Dabur
Nykaa has acquired full shares of Iluminar Media, the parent company of digital content platform Little Black Book (LBB) in an all-cash deal. LBB was started in the year 2015 by suchita salwan and Dhruv Mathur.
Achievements of Falguni Nayar
- In the year, 2017, she was awarded ‘Woman Ahead’ Award at the Economic Times Startup Awards.
- She was named EY Entrepreneur of the year 2021 at the 23rd edition of the EY Entrepreneur of The Year India awards.
- She has also received FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO) Award.
- In the year 2017, she was awarded ‘The Most Powerful Women in Business by Business Today.
- In the year 2019, she was crowned as businessperson of the year by Vogue India.
Quotes by Falguni Nayar
- Think Big, but Start Small
- Women need to allow the spotlight of their lives to be on themselves. I hope more women like me dare to dream for themselves.
Personal Life of Falguni Nayar
- Falguni Nayar is marred to Sanjay Nair. She has twins, a girl whose name is adwaita Nayar and a boy whose name is Anchit Nayar.
Adwaita Nayar – Current CEO of Nykaa
Adwaita Nayar, who is the daughter of Falguni Nayar, is the current CEO of Nykaa and also is the co-founder of Nykaa. After working for a year in a management consultancy firm in New York, Bain & Company, She returned to India to follow her mother and head Nykaa, India’s largest Beauty E-Commerce Platform. Adwaita Nayar is married to Anubhav Gupta.
Anchit Nayar – Falguni Nayar’s Son
Anchit Nayar said in the Interview that They were a family of Four and Nykaa was the Fifth member. Anchit is the CEO of the Brand, Nykaa. FSN E-Commerce Ventures LTD, which is the parent company of Nykaa, is in the selling and distribution of beauty products, fashion accessories, and equipment, etc through online portals.
Types of Retail Stores of Nykaa
Nykaa operates three types of retail stores namely Nykaa Luxe, Nykaa OnTrend, and Nykaa Kiosk. Each one of them has different specialized products and luxuries to offer to the consumers.
This is not the complete information about Indian Entrepreneur, Falguni Nayar, but all the important information has been provided for the people to read.