Now we know the hack, if you find that the mountains in your locality are pretty expensive for your firm or you don’t have the means to hire an in-house accountant, you can resort to cloud accounting. Cloud accounting basically means that your accountant is working from a remote location, and you are sharing information with him or communicating with him through virtual means.
It is a direct way to reduce the cost for the business and the valuable time of the accountant. Most small businesses and startups resort to cloud accounting as they do not have much bandwidth for work and have a dedicated account, and do not make any sense at an early stage of the business. Now let’s see how can we we find an accountant with the new way – Cloud accounting.
Table of contents
- Find accountant the new way – Cloud accounting
- What is cloud accounting software?
- Benefits of cloud computing
- Tips for hiring a remote accountant
- Summing Up
Find accountant the new way – Cloud accounting
In the conventional days, the prime factor was the location of any form as the accountant had to work from the office. The geographic location mattered a lot as different regions have different concentrations of accountants. With the introduction of cloud computing, all the barriers that were coming because of geographical challenges have been overcome successfully. This has opened up numerous opportunities.
What is cloud accounting software?
Cloud computing allows people to access and store data on the internet rather than posting it on a local machine. Before the introduction of cloud computing, you just had to use the same computer to access the files that were generated on the computer. Even if file-sharing was a possibility, the real-time changes made in the file could not be seen by the other user unless the file was shared.
However, cloud computing has revolutionised collaborative working and data storage, as the data is hosted on a server which is continuously available on the internet. The backup of the data is also done at multiple locations to make sure that you don’t lose your data. You may even control the access and allow hierarchical access to the files and other important information hosted on the cloud. Cloud is an excellent combination of accessibility and security.
Cloud accounting software is an analogous software, but its utility is limited to accounting software. Cloud accounting software is designed to make accounting easier and comes with a lot of functionalities that make account and data sharing easier.
Benefits of cloud computing
- It reduces the operational cost and provides higher reliability.
- The accuracy of calculation is increased.
- It is highly scalable.
- The data security methods are pretty robust.
- It saves a lot of time, and multiple people can work parallel.
- The software is updated on a regular basis.
Tips for hiring a remote accountant
- You must check if the accountant is affiliated with one of the two most reputed accounting bodies. They are the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW).
- You must analyse the technical skills of the candidate along with their familiarity with the most commonly used accounting software. Some of the widely used Cloud Accounting software are Inuit QuickBooks, Xero, Sage, Freeagent, etc.
- They must have a teaching ability so that they can teach you about the software. They must be able to train other junior accountants and freelancers to generate maximum business value.
- When you are going for a round online accountant, you expect that they will be more affordable than the conventional highest accountants. But, do not make cost the deciding factor. You must rate the service they provide and also go through the previous reviews given by their clients.
Hiring a cloud accountant is easy as nowadays, most accountants want to work from their base location so that the commute time to the office is saved, and they can work for multiple firms if they wish to. Usually, cloud accountants work part-time, but there are many individuals who offer full-time cloud accounting for business.
If you are looking for startup accountants, you can approve us at 123 financials, and we will bring the best talent to your doorstep. Since finance is a critical field and needs someone trustworthy, we have a dedicated team that personally verifies each candidate’s background before we refer them to you. Message us, and we will get back to you with the details.